Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Eye Question

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    A few years ago, when I was 7 or 8 years old, I had just awoken from a nap, and Kit, along with a pair of scissors, was laying next to me. Kit's eyelashes had really been bugging me because they were so long, so I decided to give them a little *trim*. BIG MISTAKE! Now, looking at Kit's uneven and extremely short eyelashes, I regret it SO much! Now, it REALLY bugs me how short and uneven they are, but I don't know what to do about it! Kit's vinyl is pretty "dirty", and so if I got her a head replacement, it would be a kind of different skin tone. Plus, it wouldn't feel like the "real" Kit to me! Can somebody please HELP??? I don't know what to do! Thanks so much!!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ooh, that's a toughie. I know people on here have done eye replacements, but I think they're tricky and the eyes probably have to be scavenged from another doll. If you went for the head replacement, could you clean up the rest of the vinyl to match it? I know what you mean about not being the "real" Kit though. I have a friend who actually lost all her eyelashes at one point. Perhaps you could just even the lashes out and try to live with it?

    - Becca

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think the unmatching vinyl would drive me as crazy as the cut eyelashes... so I would keep her as is. It will also serve as a remainder to you to really think out any "surgeries" you might want to perform in the future.


    Funny story. When I was 10 and got my glasses the eyelashes on my left eye bumped them horribly, so I decided to give them a little trim. I didn't cut much, but even to this day, they still look weird. Cutting eyelashes is just not a good thing.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for your suggestions! I do think that the unmatching vinyl would drive me even crazier than the cut eyelashes, so I won't send her to the "hospital". Her eyelashes aren't even that bad. It's just that I've grown to love the long, pretty eyelashes that my Josefina and AGT have.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •